Monsoon brings relief from the scorching heat of the summers and hence, this season is welcomed by one and all. But do you know it is the only season when your hair and your skin suffer the most? Humidity is at all time high during the monsoon season, which causes many problems such as oily scalp, oily skin and the most dreaded of them all – frizzy hair.
The high-level humidity in the air increases the moisture content on your scalp and this is the reason why dust and other bacteria get attracted to your scalp and also start breeding. This may sound very gross, but yes, during the monsoons your scalp becomes a home for germs and bacteria. They are the reason behind your frizzy hair and eventually, you end up developing dandruff, which ultimately results in hair fall.
Why we experience frizzy hair during the monsoon season?
In the monsoon season, the perpetually wet scalp erodes the essential oils from our scalp thus forming cuticles. These cuticles need natural scalp oil for holding the hair tips together. As a result, the hair becomes dry and frizzy. This can also be caused by too much exposure to the humid monsoon air, frequent blow drying and/or also the usage of harsh chemical shampoos.
Considering these facts, we have some very simple solutions and tips that will help you to tame frizzy hair overnight. These tips will help you to get rid of all kinds of frizzy hair problems in the monsoon.
General Tips to Care for Frizzy Hair in the Monsoons:
- The first and foremost thing you need to take care to ensure healthy hair is to keep them clean. A clean scalp will help you to get rid of dandruff and other germs as well.
- Use a wide toothed comb for detangling your hairs. During the monsoons, your hair scalp is moist and weak and so, combing with a normal comb may hurt the hair follicles and weaken them further.
- Eat a balanced diet full of proteins, vitamins, and vegetables.
- Keep your hair covered with a scarf or a cap during exposure to the sun.
Specific care for frizzy hair during the daytime:
- Make use of a cream based shampoo for your frizzy hair.
- Avoid usage of conditioners during the monsoon season. This is because the conditioner can erode away the moisture in your hair.
- Use serums and masques that provide healthy oil and moisture to the hair during the day.
- Use hair ties or braiding hair styles for your day’s work. Keeping your hair loose for a longer time may invite bacteria and other germs.
- Brush your hair daily but only after detangling them. The main purpose here is to avoid breakage and improve blood circulation in the scalp. However, use soft bristle brushes only.
Specific Care for frizzy hair during the night time:
- Oiling hair is the best solution for making your hair smooth and shiny.
- Try to give a hot oil massage to your hair every alternate night.
- Use Aloe Vera gel as a night mask for your hair as it works wonders.
These measures to get tame your frizzy hair overnight will certainly bear results, if done in the proper manner. Meanwhile, if you are eager to make your hair smooth and shiny also, then you can also use homemade masks and remedies. Application of curd or eggs on your hair twice a week will not only make your hair smooth but they will also shine with health.
Well, we all have our good hair days and bad hair days. So, what do you do on a bad hair day? Well, for starters try to divert the attention away from your head and instead onto some other funky accessory/clutch or even some jazzy shoes. LazyBrats is a one-stop shop for all things funky be it handpainted footwear, sunglasses, clutches or even some cool earrings!